Saturday 24 September 2011

Series Review: Doctor Who - Closing Time

INT. AN ORDINARY HOUSE, DAY


THE DOCTOR
Oh come on, it's the
penultimate episode of the
series; do we really have
time to piss the story
up a tree like this?

JAMES CORDEN
I'm such a terrible father!
If only I weren't such a
useless shit I might
be able to cope!

JAMES CORDEN'S BABY
I'm the most well behaved
infant in the world, what
possible issues are you having
that couldn't be dealt with
by even semi-competent
parents?

JAMES CORDEN
God, I can't even make
something as universal as
fatherhood seem relatable.
But I'm sure that if I crank
up my Waste of Oxygen Dial to
10 then I'll be able to keep
things entertaining.

THE DOCTOR
Yeah, good luck with that.
So how's that script
coming along?

GARETH ROBERTS
(checks watch, sprays tea across room)
Shit, that was today? Hold
on one second-


Lost in a scriptless void, THE DOCTOR and JAMES CORDEN save the taxpayer's hour by repeating the previous episode of The Adventures of The Doctor and Blubbering Fatass with a few location changes and some CYBERMEN.

GARETH ROBERTS
Oh, whatever. Like they'll
notice the fucking difference;
James Corden fans have brains
like three-month old cottage
cheese.


Having wasted the penultimate episode of a series wrought with unanswered plot points, JAMES CORDEN blows the shit out of everything with his world-renowned charisma.


JAMES CORDEN
I've stopped the Cybermen...
with the power of love!

THE DOCTOR
Thanks for that, Huey Lewis.
God, we sacrificed a two-part
finale for this tripe?

RIVER SONG
(out of breath)
Sorry I'm late! So when
do we start shooting?

THE DOCTOR
Episode's over, idiot, we had
to wheel in James Corden.
Probably on a forklift.

RIVER SONG
That's pretty harsh on
overweight people.

THE DOCTOR
I meant for his emotional
baggage; that prick can crawl
to the studio on bleeding
stumps for all I care.

RIVER SONG
Okay, no worries, this is
totally fixable. We'll put the
intro at the end and try to
cram everything into a one
hour slot next week.

THE DOCTOR
So the final act of an almighty
lord of time and space before
going to his death was to humour
the least likeable character
from Gavin and Stacy. 

RIVER SONG
Essentially, yes.

THE DOCTOR
Whoop-de-fucketty-do. I'm
pretty sure the reason I'll
overcome my death is the thought
of going out on that note.

RIVER SONG
Don't worry, the Great Lord
Moffat makes everything
better in the end.

THE DOCTOR
Including James Corden?
I fucking doubt it.

END

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have a hungry ego to feed; please give generously